COVID-19 Business Statement
Five Star Taxis Ltd is closely monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus as it develops, and as a responsible business we are committed to updating our staff and customers on all precautions and safety measures as they announced and implemented.
Staying Safe; We have implemented a number of new measures to ensure that our customers and our drivers can operate as easily and safely as possible:
- Our drivers have been instructed to use antibacterial wipes on all common areas (such as door handles and seatbelt clips) after every journey.
- All Company vehicles have been fitted with Driver Bubble™ protective, clear hard plastic screens, separating passengers from the driver, and all owner-drivers have been encouraged to do the same, just ask at the point of booking if you would like to confirm this.
- Whilst our vehicles have screens in place, we are limited in the number of passengers that we are able to transport. Standard 4-passenger cars are now limited to 3 passengers (all sitting in the rear of the vehicle), and 8-passenger Minibuses are now limited to 6 passengers (all sitting in the rear of the vehicle).
- All vehicles are now equipped with in-car card payment facilities in addition to still accepting cash. We now accept card, contactless and mobile-pay payments, giving customers the freedom to pay however they wish.
- We accept telephone card payments in advance of journeys, customers can call our Control Room to book and pay before they travel.
- Drivers have been instructed not to volunteer to touch customers’ personal belongings such as shopping/luggage, please mention at the time of booking if you believe you may require assistance and we will ensure the driver is notified that they are authorised to do so before you are collected. Please do not be offended that your driver no longer takes the initiative.
In addition to these measures we have also closed our Control Room office to drivers and customers, this helps us maintain a clean and safe working environment for our staff.
We actively encourage our customers to wear face coverings in our vehicles, as recommended by the latest Government Guidelines, but this is not mandatory, as detailed in ‘COVID-19 Safer Travel Guidance for Passengers’:
We understand that this situation continues to be very dynamic as information continues to change. We will of course keep our customers updated as the situation evolves.